Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day Two

Today we met Dale's sister, Pam and her husband Rod. We had a nice visit and like a dummy I didn't get a picture.
We did get Pam to take a picture of us on the motorcycle though.
Our goal today was to make it to the Badlands Nat'l Park. Unfortunately, the Northern Plains Wind Tunnel, A.K.A. I90, Did us in and we stopped early. I was about done by the time we got to Mitchell, the home of the Corn Palace!! It was HOT! I can't say I complained when Dale decided to throw in the towel early because it was 103 degrees and the wind was unbelievable.
We are hoping to see the Badlands, Mt Rushmore and make it to Cody, Wy for the rodeo tomorrow. Ha, we'll see. We did make it 446 miles today!
Well, it's dark now so we can go to sleep and not be wimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment